Welcome!

I created this blog as a TN 5th grade Math resource for parents and students.

Math Help

Look above for links to see what we are working on in Math every 9 weeks!

Follow me!

Use Google, Twitter, or Yahoo & follow my blog! Comments welcome!
 

Math SPI: 3/8/10 to 3/12/10

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

 This week's current math SPI's are:

#1 SPI 0506.5.1 Represent Data - Depict data using various representations, including decimal and/or fractional data.
#2 SPI 0506.5.2 Make Predictions - Make predictions based on various data representations, including double bar and line graphs.

 The first SPI (represent data) will basically show students a table of information they then have to choose which graph fits the data from the table including data with fractions and decimals.

 The second SPI (make predictions) is exactly as it sounds. Students will be given various visual/pictorial/data representations including double bar and line graphs. They will have to use the data they know to figure out and predict what will/could possibly happen.

I will try and post some samples soon of all the SPI's. That way you can see how your kids will be tested on the end of the year test a.k.a TCAP!

Signing off, Mrs. Burger :-)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Mrs. Hanah Burger. This is my 4th year teaching 5th grade math at Blythe-Bower Elementary, and I love what I do. My goal is to make as many math nerds out there to love numbers and change the world with their knowledge! I just finished my Masters, and I hope to one day go back for my EDs. I have two amazing kiddos, Mikaela (6) and Peyton (3), as well as a great hubby, Jonathan. They mean the world to me. :0D

Visitors

Blog Archive

Followers