Welcome!

I created this blog as a TN 5th grade Math resource for parents and students.

Math Help

Look above for links to see what we are working on in Math every 9 weeks!

Follow me!

Use Google, Twitter, or Yahoo & follow my blog! Comments welcome!
 

Adding & Subtracting Decimals and Estimating 8/22/11 to 8/26/11

Sunday, August 21, 2011

SPI 0506.2.5 Solve addition and subtraction problems involving both fractions and decimals.

We will be adding & subtracting decimals this week as well as using our rounding, truncating skills to give approximate estimates


On TCAP, students will need to know how to add and subtract problems with decimals and fractions in the same problem as well as just decimals and just fractions.
 
Students will also need to estimate sums & differences for TCAP.

SPI 0506.1.2 Estimate fraction and decimal sums or differences

Please look back for more info & example problems.

For now, check this out, and CLICK HERE for games/links to practice!

Let me know if your child does not know their user name & password or does not have one. I can set one up in just a jiffy. :-) Don't forget to subscribe! I like to see/know that this site is being used :-)

Signing off, Mrs. Burger :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Mrs. Hanah Burger. This is my 4th year teaching 5th grade math at Blythe-Bower Elementary, and I love what I do. My goal is to make as many math nerds out there to love numbers and change the world with their knowledge! I just finished my Masters, and I hope to one day go back for my EDs. I have two amazing kiddos, Mikaela (6) and Peyton (3), as well as a great hubby, Jonathan. They mean the world to me. :0D

Visitors

Blog Archive

Followers