Welcome!

I created this blog as a TN 5th grade Math resource for parents and students.

Math Help

Look above for links to see what we are working on in Math every 9 weeks!

Follow me!

Use Google, Twitter, or Yahoo & follow my blog! Comments welcome!
 

Measures of central tendency: Mean, Median, Mode, Range 3-5-12 to 3-9-12

Saturday, March 3, 2012


This week we will be working with calculating the measures of central tendency to analyze data which includes: Mean, Median, Mode, and Range.

Enjoy this free game from BBC!
BBC Mean Median Mode Range Game 


Our test will be Friday! This is our last NEW skill of the year! 

Quiz your kids by these key words!
Mean-->Average
Median-->Middle
Mode-->Most
Range-->High-Low

****You can also take a deck of cards to practice your mean, median, mode, and range. This is a great way to practice a variety of numbers without a worksheet! Jokers count as wild kids pick number. Face cards are 10. Ace can be 1 or 11. ****

Next week, begins our 5th Grade math review for the TCAP!!
Some of the sites we will be using to go along with our lessons include some more from Study Zone

Take a look at some of these great resources!
Math Playground Central Tendency Lesson Video
Find the Mode Activity

6th Grade Mean
6th Grade Median & Mode
6th Grade Finding the Mean, Median, Mode
6th Grade Range & Mean

7th Grade Range Lesson
7th Grade Finding the mean, median, mode quiz
7th Grade Measures of Central Tendency Lesson
7th Grade Interpreting Graphs (central tendency)


Signing off, Mrs. Burger :-)

1 comments:

willson said...

A blog full of knowledge and information.Calculating Mean,median and average are very important questions of the Mathematics which are asked in almost every field.Like commerce,data analysis and statistics.
CBSE Math books

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Mrs. Hanah Burger. This is my 4th year teaching 5th grade math at Blythe-Bower Elementary, and I love what I do. My goal is to make as many math nerds out there to love numbers and change the world with their knowledge! I just finished my Masters, and I hope to one day go back for my EDs. I have two amazing kiddos, Mikaela (6) and Peyton (3), as well as a great hubby, Jonathan. They mean the world to me. :0D

Visitors

Blog Archive

Followers