Welcome!

I created this blog as a TN 5th grade Math resource for parents and students.

Math Help

Look above for links to see what we are working on in Math every 9 weeks!

Follow me!

Use Google, Twitter, or Yahoo & follow my blog! Comments welcome!
 

Continued TCAP Prep! 3-29-10 to 4-2-10

Sunday, March 28, 2010

We are continuing with TCAP prep this week. We are going to be reviewing our 2nd 9 Weeks skills. These are the skills we worked on in October, November, and December.

These are the skills we will be reviewing:
#1 Solves addition and subtraction problems involving fractions
#2 Adds & subtracts mixed numbers
#3 Estimates fraction sums and differences
#4 Writes terminating decimals in the form of fractions & mixed numbers
#5 Writes the prime factorization of numbers through 50 using both exponential and standard notation
#6 Recognizes equivalent representations for the same number
#7 Compares whole numbers and fractions using <, >, =
#8 Identifies values that make an inequality a true statement
#9 Finds the unknown in single-step equations involving fractions and mixed numbers
#10 Evaluates algebraic expressions involving decimals and fractions using order of operations
#11 Evaluates multi-step numerical expressions involving fractions using order of operations


Please feel free (and please do!) to let your child practice these skills using various math resources, games, or worksheets found through my site (or other means!) I am in the process of organizing the site even more. Please check out the pages to the right (underneath the home tab) to see lists to specific report card skills for each 9 weeks.

Signing off, Mrs. Burger :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Mrs. Hanah Burger. This is my 4th year teaching 5th grade math at Blythe-Bower Elementary, and I love what I do. My goal is to make as many math nerds out there to love numbers and change the world with their knowledge! I just finished my Masters, and I hope to one day go back for my EDs. I have two amazing kiddos, Mikaela (6) and Peyton (3), as well as a great hubby, Jonathan. They mean the world to me. :0D

Visitors

Blog Archive

Followers