Welcome!

I created this blog as a TN 5th grade Math resource for parents and students.

Math Help

Look above for links to see what we are working on in Math every 9 weeks!

Follow me!

Use Google, Twitter, or Yahoo & follow my blog! Comments welcome!
 

And the reviewing continues! TCAP PREP 4-5-10 to 4-15-10

Monday, April 5, 2010

The skills we will be working this week and next week will be skills we did in the 3rd 9 weeks. These are the skills we just finished doing in January through March.

These included skills to do with measurement and geometry.
#1 Records measurements in context to reasonable degree of accuracy using decimals and/or fractions
#2 Given a series of geometric statements, draws a conclusion about the figure described
#3 Finds perimeter and area of irregular shapes
#4 Solves word problems that require calculating area of triangles and parallelograms
#5 Identifies three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional representations of that object (nets) and vice versa
#6 Solves problems involving surface area and volume of rectangular prisms and polyhedral solids
#7 Finds the length of line segments in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane, including the use of fractions of decimals
#8 Calculates mean, median, mode, and range to analyze data
#9 Makes predictions based on various data representations, including double bar graph and line graph
#10 Depicts data using various representations, including decimal and/or fractional data

Please feel free (and please do!) to let your child practice these skills using various math resources, games, or worksheets found through my site (or other means!) I am in the process of organizing the site even more. Please check out the pages to the right (underneath the home tab) to see lists to specific report card skills for each 9 weeks.

Signing off, Mrs. Burger :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Mrs. Hanah Burger. This is my 4th year teaching 5th grade math at Blythe-Bower Elementary, and I love what I do. My goal is to make as many math nerds out there to love numbers and change the world with their knowledge! I just finished my Masters, and I hope to one day go back for my EDs. I have two amazing kiddos, Mikaela (6) and Peyton (3), as well as a great hubby, Jonathan. They mean the world to me. :0D

Visitors

Blog Archive

Followers